Black and Blue:
American Artists is challenging the ideas of identity through changing their name. By adopting they/them pronouns and changing their name to something so ambiguous, it takes away many aspects of their identity. This includes gender and race, as well as many other aspects of who they are. They are associated with famous American artists, naturally, so that is the only telling idea about who they are through this name change. Their work is very interesting in regard to their name because it depicts modernity by challenging these classic ideas. He challenges and comments on ideas of race, technology, and gender in his work.
I find this very interesting because I am really interested in the concept of identity, especially as it pertains to artists. The ambiguity of American Artist is their identity, regardless of many basic things that make up ones identity. Their work is really interesting because it comments on this current idea of identity and how in todays society, anyone can quite literally be anyone- even an American Artist.
American Artist Is Redefining How We Think About Race in the Digital Age
I find this very interesting because I am really interested in the concept of identity, especially as it pertains to artists. The ambiguity of American Artist is their identity, regardless of many basic things that make up ones identity. Their work is really interesting because it comments on this current idea of identity and how in todays society, anyone can quite literally be anyone- even an American Artist.
Comments
Post a Comment