Who are you? Alison ‘Aly’ Evans. Artist, student, human.
Where are you from? Roxborough, Philadelphia and Springfield Montco.
Do you have a preferred pronoun? she/her
Tell me something about yourself? I love my friends and my dog more than anything.
What is your major? I’m a Visual Studies major with a Content Creation/Advertising minor.
What kind of art do you like to make (share an image)? 3D art is my Favorite. Ceramics and Glass in particular.

What apps/programs on the phone or computer do you use most frequently and what for?
Chrome for the internet and Twitter and Instagram for social media. I use spotify all day for music and podcasts, and I use instagram primarily to access artists.
Who is one of your favorite visual artists (post a photo)? Currently, Kehinde Wiley is my favorite modern artist. Van Gogh will always be my favorite though.
-
What do you hope to get out of this class? I hope to gain knowledge about digital programs to be able to use them in future artworks. I also know that digital work is important to my future career so I know that learning how to use these programs will help me do my job effectively in the future.
Can you sit still for an hour? Yes, probably 3 hours I can do unless I’m napping or being lazy for the day.
What is your relationship to visual studies? I study it. I hope to use it to learn about the intersections of art and society/culture.
What is the relationship between computers and visual studies? I think that computers and visual studies go hand in hand because of the interconnectivity between technology and art that people experience all day every day.
What is your experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere? I am slightly familiar with Illustrator but I’m nowhere near fluent in it. I’ve used Photoshop for photo editing years ago in highschool, and I’ve never used Premiere.
Have you ever created a 3D printed object? nope!
Do you have a computer at home? If so does it have Photoshop and Illustrator? Mac or PC?
Yes I do. My laptop (new MacBook Pro) effectively runs adobe programs.
Write a five line story. When I was born, I lived in Roxborough, Philadelphia. I had pretty curly blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I moved to Springfield Montgomery County when I was 5. My hair grew out brown and got straighter. I think that sums up me growing up.
Post an image from your winter break
Comments
Post a Comment